just a quick update post. Recently I’ve finished working on my microcontroller-base digital filter. Full description can be found on http://lukemeyer.me/digitalFilter.php (in case you have any questions feel free to comment or write an email). Code is available on GitHub.
This project turned out really well – the Bode plots and step responses are really close to the simulations results. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw such a good correspondence 🙂
Now I move on to developing Rocket Launcher DAQ system. Cheers
2015 has come to an end so it’s time for a small summary 🙂
Previous year “milestones” (major projects/ events/ skills etc.):
- 3D printer purchase: this device improved my manufacturing capability. Great decision.
- Electric mountainboard: this project took a lot of time and effort. I learned new things about designing electronics (power systems, embedded systems), mechanical design and manufacturing (3D printing).
- First job: in the end of March I started working at Invenco as Embedded Systems Engineer. Good opportunity to gain experience.
- Highest grade average for 2014/2015 academic year (among people on my year), Dean’s Scholarschip.
- Starting this blog and personal website (lukemeyer.me).
2015 was pretty fruitful for me, I hope that 2016 will be even better and I bet it will (provided no unexpected problems occur, eg. health issues) – my belief is that one’s life is dependent mainly on person’s actions and decisions.
My main goal for the next year is to be consistent and disciplined. Other goals that I want to achieve (thanks to the first one):
- resume eboard project, hone the details and use it on daily basis
- keep getting good grades at University
- great summer – by going to some special place to gain even more experience and knowledge. I’ll keep that a secret for now. If everything goes allright there will be a post about it full of happiness 😀
- switch from AVR architecture toward more advanced solutions (STM32, PIC32)
- work: release project that we are currently working on
- other projects: data acquisition system for Students Astronautical Association (Rocketry Section), AutoBlinds, DSP filter.
- update website and blog regularly
I wish you all great 2016, cheers 🙂